Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan you must:
- be a first-time buyer
- be aged between 18 and 70 years
- be in continuous employment for a minimum of two years, as the primary earner or be in continuous employment for a minimum of one year, as a secondary earner (see Temporary Amendments in Light of Economic Impacts of COVID-19 under What is continuous employment? on our FAQ page here)
- have an annual gross income of not more than €50,000 as a single applicant or not more than €75,000 combined as joint applicants
- submit two years certified accounts if self-employed
- provide evidence of insufficient offers of finance from two banks or building societies (see further details on our FAQ page here)
- not be a current or previous owner of residential property in or outside the Republic of Ireland
- occupy the property as your normal place of residence
- purchase or self-build a property situated in the Republic of Ireland of no more than of 175 square metres (gross internal floor area)
- purchase or self-build a property which does not exceed the maximum market value applicable for the county in which it is located
- consent to an Irish Credit Bureau check
Eligibility is subject to submission of a complete Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan application form and confirmation by your local authority.